Media transcription is an efficient tool for business organizations with various activities from science to entertainment. The entrepreneurs use the transcription benefits to extend the circle of the audience and increase their profit subsequently. This article explains the interrelation of transcription services and business, based on the analysis of the market research transcription, and includes the ways of boosting the profit via it.
5 ways of improving business via transcription
The advantages of transcription for business are numerous. Here are the five most significant ones:
- It broadens the methods of content supplying. Technical progress and digital technologies give the business myriad opportunities to grow. While video and image content represent visual appeal, audio emphasizes listening, textual information supplying involves reading. This method is efficient due to allowing the audience to focus on details, catch difficult words. Unlike video and audio files, text weighs much less, which makes sharing more convenient. Also, it excludes the risk of a media link failure and transportation of text files into different formats providing more options for further references.
- Implementation of SEO strategy. Limiting business with media content only excludes the opportunity to run high on search engines. Since the users (potential customers) prefer searching the information rather than visiting offices or making phone calls, the text version is crucial for SEO optimization via search engines. Transcription of media files and inserting the keywords into the text boost the news spreading in times, compared with audio and video sharing. A combination of media with a text version, e.g., transcription of YouTube video, is an ideal method of audience enlarging. It helps to get more visitors to watch a video via keywords inserted into the transcribed text file.
- Text in quality of the most convenient way of communication. There are cases when watching or listening to the content is impossible or inappropriate, e.g., noisy environment, lack of time, faulty digital equipment, or personal reading preferences. All the enumerated factors may become a reason for losing customers even if your product or service is interesting to them. It is always pertinent to offer a text version as an option to save your viewers and listeners. It guarantees better access to your content, attracting more visitors, and increasing the website revenue.
- Meeting the needs of potential customers with hearing or eyesight disabilities. Making a bet on media supply excludes people who have health problems and naturally can not see or listen to your information. Creating a text version orienting on this group of customers will make a positive impact on your business.
- Increase the overall time spending on the site via reading. When a business owner creates promotional content, there is no guarantee that the potential customers will watch it till the end. Due to technical reasons, slow Internet connection, or just losing interest in the middle of the video or audio, a user may unconsciously turn it off and focus on something else. Reading invites people to spend more time on the website, seeking necessary information. Also, they have an opportunity to choose the content which interests them the most.
Applying this knowledge will significantly increase the number of website visitors and customers subsequently.
Approaches for transcribers for the business growth
For a business transcription company, it is also necessary to follow modern market tendencies. It helps to contribute to the growth of their own business and business entrepreneurial of their customers. The transcription business owners should adopt the following techniques.
- Advanced software. Professional transcribers should use the most modern equipment, install the updated programs and applications, and follow speech recognition technology tendencies in their professional field. The basic needs for transcription work include a pair of highly sensitive headphones and speakers, transcribing software that eases the video navigation and allows listening to the words. Hardware such as foot pedals help to control audio and video streams, assisting more convenient transcription.
- The typing skills enhancing. Slow typing may critically spoil the entire motion of the work, stealing hours. Practicing typing skills allows leaving enough type for proofreading to give out the project within the settled deadline frames. Combining fast typing and accuracy will give breathtaking results. Otherwise, a transcriptionist will have to return to the previous piece of task over and over again.
- A comfortable environment. The working place of a transcriptionist should be free of aside noises because the sound distractions will negatively impact the quality and speed of work. Since transcription work is a long process, the furniture should be maximally convenient as well.
- Reviewing the outsource file. Professional transcriptionists must devote enough time for the file proofreading to exclude all possible mistakes, including the mechanic ones. This stage relates to the quality of work straightly. Using the editing software eases the transcriptionist’s work. However, it does not exclude human check-ups as well.
- Professional skills. The worst transcriber’s enemy is a rush, while the correct working style is calm and sequential workflow. Even a well-trained transcriptionist needs three-four hours for one hour of a record. Omitting the pieces of media source is not recommended if the instructions do not suggest it. Preferably to receive maximal enjoyment from the work and do not feel exhausted.
The correctly managed work of a transcription company will impact the business positively, assisting a successful collaboration.
Despite numerous transcribing software, human transcription remains in demand. The combination of artificial intelligence techniques and human transcription provides a highly professional result. Successful transcribing depends on many factors. Using these tools effectively will make the customers happy and make them return to you over again.
Finding the right partner is essential for transcription company and entrepreneurs both. Building up productive and concise collaboration will lead to exclusive product development, profit increasing, and positive feedback to both sides, attracting new customers.