Illinois Has Fully Adopted The CDC Interim Public Health Recommendations For Fully Vaccinated People
Effingham, IL -(Effingham Radio)-This applies to Phase 5 in all Illinois businesses, venues, and public spaces
The Illinois Department of Public Health recommends the following based on the CDC Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People:
• • Instruction for fully vaccinated people given new evidence on the B.1.617.2 (Delta) variant currently circulating in the United States.
• • Fully vaccinated people should wear a mask in public indoor settings in areas of substantial or high transmission.
• • Fully vaccinated people might choose to wear a mask regardless of the level of transmission, particularly if they are immunocompromised or at increased risk for severe disease from COVID-19, or if they have someone in their household who is immunocompromised, at increased risk of severe disease or not fully vaccinated.
• • Fully vaccinated people who have a known exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 should be tested 3-5 days after exposure, and should wear a mask in public indoor settings for 14 days or until they receive a negative test result.
• • Updated CDC Guidance can be found here: https://www.cdc.gov/
Please note that Effingham County is currently an area of substantial transmission.