IDPH is launching Vax Verify allowing residents to check immunizations
The Illinois Department of Public Health is launching a new immunization portal that will allow Illinois residents 18 years and older to check their COVID-19 vaccination record.
The tool, Vax Verify, will be helpful as more businesses, events, organizations and others require proof of vaccination, said IDPH Director Dr. Ngozi Ezike.
“With the current surge in cases, more people are making the decision to get a COVID-19 vaccine and this new tool will aid residents in confirming their vaccination where needed,” she said.
Illinois State Fair concert goers with tickets for the Grandstand track area will be required to provide a print or digital copy of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test within the previous 72 hours.
Ticket holders can register in Vax Verify to check their immunization record for documentation of COVID-19 vaccination.
Sammy Hagar & the Circle open the Grandstand entertainment Thursday.
IDPH will be providing the one-dose Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine for free at six locations during the fair. Locations and times are:
- Illinois Building, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Happy Hollow and Main Street, Aug. 12, noon to 8 p.m.; Aug. 13-22, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Brian Rainey Avenue (by the AFL-CIO Pavilion), Aug. 12, noon to 8 p.m.; Aug. 13-22, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Avenue of Flags (across from the Grandstand box office), Aug. 12-22, noon to 8 p.m.
- 4-H Lane: Aug. 12, noon to 8 p.m.; Aug. 13-17, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Livestock Center on Eighth Street, Aug. 18-22, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
COVID-19 testing will also be available at all vaccination locations except the Illinois Building.
Immunization records are kept confidential and only the individual can access their vaccination history.
Vax Verify can be accessed at www.idphportal.illinois.gov.