$9 million investment to help out small businesses across the Land of Lincoln
CHICAGO (WEEK) – The Pritzker Administration is investing $9 million in an effort to help out small businesses recovering from the COVID-19 pandemic.
On Tuesday, Governor Pritzker teamed up with the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) to expand the community navigator outreach program.
This investment aims to help small businesses take advantage of economic recovery grant programs. Community navigators will be performing intensive outreach to ensure that small and hard-to-reach businesses are aware of economic relief funds available.
Using a hub-and-spoke model, DCEO has trained 13 new regional partners to facilitate technical assistance for small businesses across the state. Those organizations and the areas that will be covered include the following:
- American Business Immigration Coalition
- Serving: Sangamon, Macon, McLean, Cook, Winnebago and Jackson
- Champaign County Economic Development Corporation
- Serving: Macon, SBDC – Shelby, Champaign, Piatt, Douglas, Vermilion, SBDC – Ford, Iroquois, SBDC – DeWitt, SBDC – Moultrie, Coles, Edgar, Cumberland and Effingham
- Cook County
- Serving: Chicago, South and West Sides of Cook County
- Economic Development Council for the Peoria Area
- Serving: Logan, Peoria, Tazewell, Woodford, Mason and Fulton
- Effingham Regional Growth Alliance
- Serving: Coles, Crawford, Effingham, Clark, Edgar and Moultrie
- Greater Auburn-Gresham Development Corporation
- Serving: Chicago Southside, South Suburbs, Eastern Will County, and all of Kankakee County, Chicago’s Washington Heights Neighborhood from Auburn-Gresham south to the boundary with the South Suburbs
- Greater Egypt Regional Planning and Development Commission
- Serving: Wabash, Edwards, Wayne, Jefferson, Perry, Jackson, Union, Alexander, Pulaski, Massac, Pope, Hardin, Gallatin, White, Hamilton, Franklin, Williamson, Johnson, and Saline; Calhoun, Jersey, Madison, Saint Claire, Monroe, Randolph, Washington, Clinton and Bond
- Illinois Public Health Association
- Serving: Springfield, Jacksonville, Beardstown, Cook, Will McHenry, Fairfield, Cobden, East St. Louis, Boone, Winnebago, Rock Island, Mercer, Henry, Jo Daviess, Carroll, Whiteside, Lee, Stephenson and Ogle
- Local Initiatives Support Corporation
- Serving: Sangamon, Shelby, McLean, Peoria, Cook, Coles, Douglas, Moultire, Cumberland, Edgar and Clark
- Mexican American Chamber of Commerce
- Serving: EDR 4 Waukegan, North Chicago, Joliet, Aurora, Romeoville, Melrose Park, Franklin Park, Maywood, Bellwood, Northfield, Stone Park, Humboldt Park, West Town, Logan Square, Belmont-Cragin, Wicker Park, Bucktown, Little Village, Midway, Back of the Yards, Pilsen and Westlawn
- National Main Street Center Inc
- Serving: Jacksonville, Monticello, Pontiac, Crystal Lake, Batavia, Libertyville, 7 Commercial Districts in Chicago, Momence, Waukegan, Dixon, Silvis, Carbondale, Alton and Quincy
- Western Illinois University, Board of Trustees
- Serving: Knox, Warren, Henderson, Hancock, McDonough, Schuyler, Brown, Pike and Adams
- Women’s Business Development Center
- Serving: DuPage, Kane, Kendall, Will; Particularly the Greater Aurora Region
Navigator partners will provide small businesses with direct assistance on applications, as well as language assistance, on-the-ground outreach, webinars and technical assistance sessions.
More information on the recovery programs and how to receive support can be found at DCEO website or by calling the First Stop hotline at (800) 252-2923.